Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Baby Caydence Lynne




She has finally arrived!! She was 6 pounds 10 ounces and 20 1/4 inches long. She arrives on Monday March 23 at 10:27PM. We had been anticipating her arrival for 9 months, and we are so excited to have her join us! She is our tiny princess and we are all enjoying our time getting to know her.

Contractions started and stopped twice over the few days preceding her birth. I thought she might NEVER arrive! On Monday, Carley had a softball game and I decided to go! I was tired of sitting around waiting for the "real thing" to start! Contractions started again before we left for the game. They were mild and only 7-10 min apart! They were getting a little stronger throughout the game, but still 7-10 min apart. I went to the van to sit in silence b/c they were really starting to get to me and they were still 7-10 min apart at about 7:45PM. BY the time the game was over (WE WON!!) they were just starting to get closer. They were now about 5-6 min apart. BY the time we got home, at 8PM, they were 4-5 min apart and they were about 1 min long! So we called the midwife and she was on her way in no time! I had continued contractions and the little princess was born in a birthing tub at 10:27PM. My water broke as I pushed her out. That was different!! I could feel it POP in the water and it freaked me out at first!

It was such a great experience and the Lord answered our prayers! Caydence is healthy and strong and ready to take on the world! She fits into our family already and we feel so blessed to have her!

Thank you to all who have prayed, bought gifts, brought meals, or said an encouraging word! We will hold the memories in our hearts forever! We appreciate you and your generosity!

. . . now, I am gonna go get some sleep!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Home births are awesome!!!
She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her! : )

Heather Tomasello said...

WOW! I bet all those softball Moms are so impressed! What a great story -- I'm glad things went so smoothly and you have a wonderful story to tell. Zachary was born at home and it was such a great thing. I'm praying for good sleep for you and good nursing and all those other good new baby things!

Susan said...

Congrats on another beautiful blessing. She is beautiful. Get the rest you much deserve.

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker