Thursday, July 3, 2008

"decaf, please"


The other night my Hunny and I went out on a date. Our Sunday School Class coordinated a group date!! So, we went to the Japanese Steakhouse and the filet mignon was awesome and the laughs were even better!!! Then we went out for coffee with the gang.

. . . let me go backward for a moment . . . . normally my Hunny would get a Mocha (his mistress) at the coffee shop and then he would plan to stay up late and work because he would be zinging from all the caffeine. He works so hard and I knew he was pretty tired, so if he went home (without a visit with the mistress or at least a decaf version) he'd konk out!!

. . . back to my story . . .

SO, I ordered him a decaf Mocha and told the barista NOT to write decaf on the cup!! About an hour or so later we got into the car and I asked him if the caffeine had kicked in yet. I asked if he was planning to work late or go to bed. Wouldn't ya know it? That stinker said he was tired!! I told of the deception that had taken place and he laughed. But, guess what he did when we got home?? He konked out as soon as his head hit the pillow after he said "Thanks for ordering me a decaf!!"

2 comments:

Fortunate Feller said...

Ha! You got me this time! I had already had it in my mind that Barnie's Coffee had a problem with their Espresso. Come on! 2-3 shots of Espresso should have me zinging, but for some reason this night the Espresso was flat.

Payback stink!!!!!

Becky said...

Too funny!
And I got a kick out of you calling it his 'mistress.' LOL!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker