Friday, July 25, 2008

Baby wearing

I wish I would have done this sooner. I was walking through Walmart and Carter REALLY wanted me to hold him. It's pretty much impossible to hold a 30lb toddler and push a grocery cart. So I was in the baby section looking for a gift for a friend's upcoming shower. My eyes zoned in on a baby sling on the shelf. I opened the package and took a look at it. Then I tried it on. It fit and it looked pretty cool. I asked Carter if he wanted to get in and he refused . . . he's 2 and he has an attitude. So instead of reason with him on adult terms, I offered him a cookie (that is not an everyday event in our family) and he caved!! His eyes were as big as saucers when I said "if you try it, I'll give ya a cookie!!!" He jumped in that sling with a smile on his face!! After adjusting the sling for a moment, I asked Carter if he liked it and he smiled and said "Yes, Mama!!" He laid his head on my shoulder and looked at the view from high up, instead of the cart, which he HATES!! We finished our walk around Walmart and when we went to checkout I handed the cashier the package and told her that I was wearing it!!!

That was my first experience with a sling and it was pretty cool. I have had a friend whispering in my ear about it's marvelous benefits!! I don't know if this will work for us for too much longer (since Carter is already pretty big), but it is worth a shot!! Next time I go shopping, I'm taking the sling!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Welcome to babywearing! I'm so glad Carter finally let you wear him! I hope he still likes it next time you try!

The Butterfly Catcher said...

I've been babywearing for years!! I couldn't get anything done without it!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker