Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Chapman Family Tragedy

Today I learned of some very sad news. The youngest daughter of the popular Christian singer, Steven Curtis Chapman, died yesterday. You can read the story here. http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/

She was a happy, fun loving 5 year old. No doubt, she woke up that morning with great things to do. There was lots of excitement going on in the family and I am sure that little Maria Sue was in the middle of it all!!! I was in tears as I read the story of her death and it's surrounding circumstances.

I have a 6 year old!! He brings so much life to our family. He is the one that makes us all laugh and the one that gives hugs and kisses undeservingly. When I think of the pain these parents must be facing, I want to always remember to make sure my munchkins know how much I love them. I want them to be able to say, "I know that my mom would do anything for me. She showed me her love daily!!"

Life is so precious and sometimes too short!! God is sovereign and He will give them the strength they need to get through such a difficult tragedy!! But in the moment of hurt and pain, those words can seem so cliche'. I will be praying a special prayer for the Chapman family and I will be giving my munchkins extra kisses tonight!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I will too. I can't imagine.

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker