Thursday, February 5, 2009

Still Waiting


**UPDATE: We got the news on Friday about 5:30PM! Shannon was told that they went with someone else for the position in VA! We were EXTREMELY disappointed. That is why it took me so long to update you all. I have been struggling a little. But in the end, I know that God is in control and I wouldn't want it any other way!! Instead of looking at what we DON'T have, I have to focus on what we DO HAVE!! When I think that my husband has been out of work for 4 months and we have never missed a bill to be paid, we have 3 healthy kids, and 2 good cars, to name a few . . . I think that His HAND OF PROVISION is at work in my life!! Thanks you, Lord!! Thank you friends and family for all your kind words and prayers!! It means so much!



It's no secret! We went to VA last week for another job interview at a church. It was fun! We had a cool experience and learned a lot about ourselves and the Church as a whole. The kids went to visit with the grandparents while my Hunny and I were grilled with questions over a 3 day period. It was exhausting for us but well worth it! We were told that we would know by the middle of the week THIS WEEK.

Well . . . yesterday (Wednesday), we STILL hadn't heard anything! We have been on pins and needles to say the least. Every time the phone rings my heart jumps!! I am probably more psychotic that my Hunny. I keep asking, "Is your phone charged? Where is your cell phone?" or when it rings, "who is it?" before he even has a chance to look . . . So he sent an email yesterday to ask when we might hear the news. The pastor eagerly replied and said that they just finished interviewing all candidates yesterday and they would be making a decision this morning. He said we'd hear from him sometime today. That was so satisfying to us! We just wanna HEAR SOMETHING!!! We don't even mind, if it's a "you're not what we're looking for . . . " Just anything . . . the silence was killing us!!

So today has come and gone and we still have NOT heard anything from them . . . My Hunny says that there must be a reason and he is probably right . . . but waiting stinks!!! I guess this is how the kids feel when they are waiting for something really exciting to them . . . like Christmas . . .

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for us!! This has been quite an experience. I would have to say . . . it has been one of the most trying times we have faced in a long time. We thank the Lord for sustaining us through it all!!

3 comments:

The Butterfly Catcher said...

Oh, what a nail-biting situation for you all! I know how stressful "not knowing" can be. Praying for His Peace, His Patience, and His Presence for you all as you wait.

P.S. What part of Virginia were you all in? I'm from the Lynchburg area. I've been trying to get back there for years. . .so if you guys get there before I do, I'll scream. . .for joy!!! :o)

Becky said...

Oh wow! I'm sad it didn't work out but SO HAPPY we get to keep you guys a little longer. : )
Love and hugs!

Amanda said...

Hi Jamie! I have not visited your site in a while and the layout and new photo is so beautiful!! I did not know these details when I saw you tonight; I'm sorry it was such a disappointment. We know God's plans are good and better than what we could plan but the waiting and the unknown can be so hard! I was checking your pages for your book list. I'm curious about some "natural" things but do not see any of your favorite "natural" or "health" books or sites listed!! :)See you soon!:)

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker