Thursday, September 4, 2008

What a great day!!

If you know me at all you will know that I really don't like to be the center of attention. I really prefer to be in the background and I don't need a pat on the back. When my birthday rolls around, my family celebrates together, but I really don't like to have a big birthday "party." I like to go out to dinner with my husband and kids, and extended family. (The gift here is the fact that I don't have to cook!!) This year was no different.

The weekend started out simple. We invited some friend over to play a Euchre Tournament. That was a blast!!! I love to hang out with fun people and I love to play cards AND eat food!! Then on Saturday we just hung around the house doing chores and planning our coming week. On Saturday, Shannon decided that he and the kids would give me my presents early (They do this every year, at Christmas AND Mother's Day too!!) I was thrilled when he gave me exactly what I asked for!! I asked for the Anne of Green Gables Trilogy.

I was sooo excited!! The kids were too! We didn't waste any time! We began watching the movie on Sat evening. I even made Shannon sit and watch it with me and . . . don't tell him I told you . . . but . . . he likes it!!

This movie totally brought me back to childhood. I remember watching it on PBS and getting interrupted by those silly telethon things!! I hated that! Although I loved the movies, I had never seen them all from start to finish!! There are 3 of them! This time it was 9 hours of bliss!! The kids would beg to watch more!! I told told them that when we take a long trip to Grandma's or Nana's we can watch the entire movie without stopping!! They liked that idea!!

Then Shannon surprised me with something that I have always wanted . . . a Garmin GPS!! I love maps! So he thought I would like this gadget! He was right! It practically drives the car for me!! We all have fun and we even turn it on when we are going to church or home from the store!! We are trying to come up with a cute name like Becky did! Stay tuned!


On Sunday, which was my actual birthday, I was greeted first thing in the morning with toast and a glass of milk in bed. I got lots of hugs and kisses and I think that was my favorite part of the day. . . oh, I have another favorite part . . . I didn't have to do the dishes all day!!! Thanks Hunny! I love you so much!! What a great day!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

AHHHH!!! ~I love the Anne movies! I've owned them since I was 20 so we've seen them a gazillion times. My hubby has had to watch them with me for years. : ) He even quotes them from time to time...shhhh! LOL.
~Keep me posted on YOUR GPS' name!!!! : )
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Becky said...

I knew we're 'kindred spirits.' LOL! I LOVE those movies! My hubby has had to watch them with me a gazillion times and he even quotes them. : )
Glad you had a happy b. day!
Keep me posted on your GPS's name! I killed 'Lola' and now we have 'Emma' cuz we can't live witout one now. : )

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker