Monday, September 8, 2008

Cheesy Enchilada Casserole


Tonight I made this recipe for the family and it was SOOOO good!! It was a hit too so I thought I would share it!! The best part is that it was made with simple ingredients, and it was EASY!!

Ingredients:
Ground Beef, browned
Enchilada sauce (or taco sauce or salsa, whatever you have)
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Tortillas
3/4c Cream Cheese, softened*
3/4c Sour Cream*
*None of these ingredients were measured. These are approximate amounts. If you want more, add more!!

Mix sauce or salsa with ground beef and set aside. Mix soft cream cheese and sour cream and set aside. In a 9x13 pan you will layer the ingredients, similar to lasagna. The first layer is the ground beef mixture, then cheese, tortillas, cream cheese mixture and start over again adding as many layers as you would like. I used TONS of cheese on the very top and then baked till bubbly. I also only put one thick layer of the cream cheese mixture because it was rather hard to work with. I cooked it at 400 for about 20 minutes. It was so good!! The kids gobbled it up!

I also thought it might be good with a layer of rice and pinto beans! If you try it, let me know how it goes!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

oh, I'm going to have to try this. Thanks!

Tonya said...

I am so....going to try this! YUMMO!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker