Friday, September 12, 2008

Childish or Careless?


Daddy & Camden on the Cruise

Camden making funny faces!!

My Camden is so full of life and energy! He is 6 years old and his goal is to make you laugh! He has come home from church telling me that he made the whole class laugh!! He is sweet and sensitive. He will run outside to give me a hug and kiss before I leave to go ANYWHERE, even if I am only going to the store for 15 minutes. And he will tell me what Jesus is speaking to his heart, whether it is to pray for someone or some deep truth about life!! He is protective of his little brother too. He told me that a friend at church was saying, "dang!!" Well, that isn't a "bad word" and Camden knows that, but he also knows that certain things don't sound nice coming from the mouth of a child! Dang . . . is just such a word. His friend was saying this word and Camden politely asked his friend not to use that word in front of his brother. He said, "I don't want my brother to say that word!!" Isn't that sweet??? He is destined for great things!!

Did I mention that Camden is HUGE for his age!! Not huge, like pituitary giant huge . . . but BIG!! He is the size of an average 8 year old. He proudly tells me he is the biggest kid in his class at church! He thinks that somehow makes him "better!!" He also wants to be JUST LIKE HIS DAD and it just so happens that his dad is 6'5" and so he seems like a giant to Camden!!

With this "big-ness" comes a slight bit of clumsiness! At least that is wear I am hoping it comes from!! It seems like he is being very careless at times. But when I analyze the situation . . . post lecture on "being careful" . . . I wonder if it is just because his body is bigger than he realizes!!

Anyone out there with more experience than me?? Will he grow out of it?? Are all boys like this? Is this normal childishness or is it carelessness?? I don't want to punish him if he REALLY can't help it!! But I don't want to grow a careless boy that has little respect for the things of others around him. (He breaks everyone's stuff!!) I don't know about this? It is baffling me!!

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be awesome!!

No comments:

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker