Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random Stuff

Things seem busier than usual . . . I always say that!! It seems that as the kids get older, things are just busier!!

My kids have had play dates everyday this week!! It is so unfortunate that they are so unsocialized (because we homeschool) and have no interaction with other children their own age. (that was totally sarcastic!!) So if they are not reading a book, they are playing with other children. That has made things very busy!!

I have been planning and organizing events and meetings for our homeschool group. That is quite a task! There is a lot of "red tape" when dealing with a large church like we have. I have also been putting cards, flyers and sign up sheets together. This (and blogging) are what I spend most of my late nights doing!!

Next week our church is doing VBS and my Hunny and I volunteer. That is one of the busiest weeks of my year!! The kids look forward to it all year. We always have fun too!

The week after that I am planning some big events for the HS group and Carley, the world's best big sister, will be at kids camp. I am going to miss her like crazy!!

That means that sometimes laundry doesn't get done like I would like and floors aren't mopped as often as I'd like!! I have convinced myself that in the end, my kids are going to be happy because I poured everything in to them and their education. I hope that the details of piled laundry and finger prints on glass doors fade in the background.

We are starting school on Aug 4, so I plan to slow it down some. I am excited about what is coming up with our homeschool group and that is all I can handle!!! God is going to have to help me every step of the way . . . . as He always does!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are doing a great job Jamie!
Our h.s. group is blessed to have you leading it this year.: )

Ssshhh! I'm sitting this VBS out.
I know I will miss it, because its always a blast! TBQ has kept me so busy that I've got to spend the time figuring out our new school year...
I hope Carley has an awesome time at camp!!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker