Monday, July 6, 2009

Caring for Christy


Today I completed my first day of caring for Christy while Brian went to work! What a job!! She is completely dependent and has to have someone with her 24/7. There are a lot of little things that I keep forgetting and she has to remind me . . . putting the breaks on the wheel chair for example, adjusting her trach collar just right, or a wet wipe after a meal. She is being so patient with me though!! I am probably more frustrating to her than she is to me. She can communicate, but not with words . . . so we are trying a few one handed signs and lots of guessing!! She gets frustrated at me and she doesn't mind telling me so in her own way . . .

We laugh a lot!! This is what warms my heart more than anything. Here she is, is such a state and she is laughing and enjoying the life she is blessed with. She always has me feel Addison moving around in her belly!! What a little blessing she is already! It's the little things that amaze me!!

Christy is determined . . . did I mention that?? When she wants to do something, she wants to do it!! That is going to be so beneficial to her on this journey . . . She has come so far already, but she still has a long way to go.

Tonight before she went to sleep Shannon and I prayed for her. We are believing that He will do mighty things in her life including heal her body completely! I feel so privileged to be able to be here to serve Christy and Brian in their time of need. I am thanking Him already for her healing. Thank YOU for joining me in prayer. I know something is going to happen soon!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Believing God with you! What an awesome show of His love you and your family are expressing!

Miss ya too.
"Good friends are always together in spirit." : )
(A. of G.G.)

Your friend,
Mirilla
~Love ya!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker