Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Achieving


Recently my big kids, Carley and Camden, are so driven to achieve! All kids like a pat on the back or words or praise. They like that too, but this seems a little different. They don't just want to do a good job, they want to do an excellent job!! It is so exciting to see them do something that they excel at.

Carley is doing Junior Bible Quiz (JBQ) and she has her first match this weekend. She is so excited!! She practices everyday and she wants to do her best!! In practice matches she does really good and she feels confident! The only problem is that in the matches parents can's say a word . . . no cheering . . . nothing. If you do, it is a foul on your team and they loose points!! It is going to be so hard to sit still!!!!

She is also taking piano lessons and the piano teacher says she is gifted, musically. I am a mom with NO musical talent whatsoever and I loved hearing those words. She picks things up so quickly and she will be performing in a Christmas recital in December. I can't wait to watch her perform!!

Camden is memorizing stuff like crazy! He memorizes about one verse a week as well as a poem and sometimes more stuff for his Wednesday night class at church, Ranger Kids. He has all the poems and verses still memorized from the beginning of August. He loves to stand up and say all his poems or all his verses. It's like he glows with excitement about his achievement!!

I am so proud of them! There were days when I heard both of them say . . . "I am not doing this!! It is WAYYY too hard!" They have said it about reading, writing, sports, JBQ, poem memorization, and lots of other hurdles that they have reluctantly but gracefully overcome! I am so glad they have found things that they love to do! I know they are young and there is a lot more world to explore and I can't wait to see what else lies on the path ahead!

1 comment:

Becky said...

How exciting!
They are beautiful!!!
I hope Carley enjoys herself Saturday.
I was in tears the first time I went to a JBQ match.
-My hearts was so touched by all the verses being recited by precious young hearts...
Now, I'm used to it... But it would be good to be in awe again.
Its a remarkable ministry.
It is hard not to cheer!!!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker