Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a NIGHT!!

Last night no one wanted me to sleep!! If it wasn't me getting up to go to the bathroom, it was one of the kids!! I went to bed early becasue I was so exhausted. It was a busy day!!

At 2:20AM Carter woke up and had peed the bed! I got him all situated and back to sleep and then I went back to bed. I am feeling a little sinus stuffiness come on, so I laid in bed and sneezed and tossed and turned for an hour!! Then I heard Carter make more noise! I thought he was not sleeping yet and so I dreaded going in to settle him. But I went in to check on him and he was sound asleep. (Wish I was!)

I got up and went to the computer to try and blow off some steam. (I was MAD!) After an hour or so of doing a little bit of surfing, I decided to go back to bed. I laid there for another 20 min or so, tossing and turning, when I was almost alseep. That is when Carter yelled out, "MOMMY!" I turned to my Beloved and asked him to go and check on the baby! Thankfully he did! He stayed in there and laid in bed with him till morning.

So . . . there I am again . . . wide awake!! Just as I drift off to sleep I hear, "Mom, I had a bad dream!" Carley was upset so I told her to hop in bed with me (Because Daddy was still in Carter's bed!) and she was fast aleep in no time! I laid there trying to tell myself that it was going to light soon and if I don't get some sleep I will be an sight for sore eyes in the morning!!

I did finally fall alseep. It was a night of chaos and mishapes and that is what I call being a "Parent!" Sometimes the rewards are so great and sometimes the "rewards" are not so great!! Getting a good night sleep is always a plus, but that didn't happen last night!! Oh well . . . there is always tonight! I hope things go a little more as planned for a regular night's sleep!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope you can get an afterschool power nap. : )

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker