Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thanks for Your Prayers and Kind Words!!

Thanks so much for your prayers!! God is good and through this experience of having a miscarriage, I have learned some things!!

1. God is faithful - He prepared me for this. It may sound weird, but I had a feeling something wasn't right!!! It was just something He put in my heart and I voiced my concern to my Beloved and he tried to be positive for me!! (I love him for that!!) He always seems to prepare my heart for trying situations such as this!!! Thank you, Lord!!
2. God is sovereign - He holds the whole world in the palm of his hand!! He told the stars where to hang and the oceans where to stop. I know He also holds my future.
3. The Future is His but TODAY I will praise Him!!! - All we have is today!! We are not promised tomorrow!! We think we know what we will be doing tomorrow, but really . . . we don't!!!! Today I stand with my heart open and give Him all of me!!!

Romans 8:26-28 (The Message) Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

I love the way this is worded because it seemed to describe my state perfectly!!! There were times when I didn't know what to say or how to feel!!! My "wordless sighs and aching groans" were heard my Him. I am thankful to Him because while I was a worthless sinner, He died on the cross to save me and give me the gift of eternal life!!!! I love Him more now than ever!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is a beautiful post, Jamie.
I loved how the Message states that wonderful passage. What a beautiful heart you have for Him.

Susan said...

I found your blog on Becky's site. Just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and your family. We experienced this same loss in November and I kept my eyes focused on God just like you are. He got me through it and he will get you through it also.

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker