Monday, March 3, 2008

Words That Spill Out

Yesterday the kids and I were sitting around the table and Carter, 20 months, spilled his cup of water! He likes to drink out of a regular cup (not a sippy cup) like his 2 older siblings. So I usually give him a cup with a tiny bit of water to avoid a BIG mess. I always know there will be some sort of mess, though!! Anyway, as he spilled his water, Camden 5, said "Mom, when Carter spilled his water, it reminds me of saying bad words (he meant words that aren't nice). You can't get the water back in the cup and you can't take the words back!!"

That kid is the child of a theologian!!! What an amazing thought!! Our words have the power of death and life (Prov 18:21)!! I was so impressed with his comparison! So now every time Carter spills his water (at least 7-10x per day) Camden reminds us not to say "bad words" because you can't take them back!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ahh!!! That is precious!
That makes me hope that somebody spills something at my house so I can share Camden's analogy. : )
I hope you put that in the H.S. newsletter! It's great!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!

SO MUCH LOVE IN THIS HOUSE!!
The Hogan Clan
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker